The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) invites duly qualified members of the public to apply for admission to the University’s Joint University Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) program for the 2021/2022 session to apply .
Basically, the program is similar to the Interim Joint Enrollment Board (IJMB) coordinated by Ahmadu Bello University and recognized by many universities in northern Nigeria JUPEB is now recognized by federal universities in southern Nigeria such as the University of Calabar (Unical), the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, University of Ibadan (U.I), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (OAU), Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), University of Ilorin, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), University of Lagos (Unilag) and University of Port Harcourt (Uniport).
Therefore, affiliated institutions have established programs to train candidates from the Board curriculum in subjects relevant to their studies, for example physics / chemistry / biology for medical, physics / chemistry / mathematics, engineering, etc.
The fees for the program vary from institution to institution Institution. The actual program fees can be found on the institution’s website or by contacting the institution.
The results published by JUPEB are rated as Cambridge A results. / Level: A (5 points), B (4 points), C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 points) Each candidate offers three subjects. Total score used as the cut-off point for the first course. For example, the University of Ibadan may say that 13 points is the limit for medicine and surgery, which means they can only accept candidates with AAA (15 points). , AAB (14 points), AAC (13 points) points) or ABB (13 points).As with Cambridge A / Level, the JUPEB scores do not expire. You can use it at any time to apply to the same or a different institution in the following year. Credits in a maximum of two sessions in at least 5 subjects (including the English language) that are relevant to the course of study envisaged by the candidates at the university . The program comprises at least one academic session of two semesters.
UNN JUPEB Subject Combinations Option; History of Art / Literature / Christian Religious Studies (HLCRS) Economics / History / English Literature (EHL) History / Igbo / CRS (HICRS) Igbo / Literature / CRS (ILCRS) History / Igbo / French (HIF) Social Sciences Government / Economics / Mathematics (GEM ) State / Economy / State (GEG) Literature / Economy / State (LEG) Biology / Economy / State (BEG) State / English Literature / Christian Religious Studies (GLCRS)Biology / Government / CRS (BGCRS) Management Science Business Administration / Accounting / Mathematics (BAM) Mathematics / Accounting / Geography (MAG) State / Economics / Mathematics (GEM) Natural Sciences Agricultural Sciences / Biology / Chemistry (ABC) Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics (PCM ) Physics / Chemistry / Biology (PCB) Physics / Geography / Mathematics (PGM) Physics / Economics / Mathematics (PEM) Candidates should ensure that the subject combinations listed above (if applicable) meet the requirements for admission to humanities courses , Social sciences, management sciences and natural sciences at all JUPEB universities in Nigeria including the University of Nigeria Nsukka.
The duration of the programme is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
Method of Application
Pay the application fee of ₦20,000.00 through Remita payment platform at any bank. You are to generate a payment invoice which contains a remita number; the invoice printout will enable you to make your payment at the bank. (Please note that Bank charges apply and must be paid)
- Visit UNN Portal
- Click on the fill JUPEB, Inter University Forms
- Click on Generate Payment Invoice under JUPEB
- Enter your telephone number and click on submit
- Enter your Surname, First name, Middle name and click on submit
- Print out your invoice and proceed to the bank
- After making payments at the bank visit the portal available at unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Click on the Fill JUPEB, Inter University FormsClick on fill Joint Universities Preliminary Admissions Board programme
- Enter your Remita # and click on submit
- Fill the form and attach your passport
- Color passport photograph with white background.
- The passport photograph must be recent (not earlier than 3 months before the time of the application) and the size should not be more than 100KB.
- Complete the form and click on submit
- Print out your acknowledgment slip:
General Information on UNN JUPEB Admission
- Applicants into 2021/2022 preliminary programme are advised to be checking our website from time to time for the actual date of the entrance examination and other relevant information.
- All candidates are required to register for 2022 direct entry UTME during the programme.
- All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and PERSONAL telephone numbers. ’The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within two weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to follow the Application Instructions very carefully and ensure they select the correct SUBJECT COMBINATIONS. Failure to do so may adversely affect the candidate.
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Phone: 09098127029, 08096854714. E-mail: email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: 2nd November 2021