The Nigerian Institute of Journalism admission 2021 into ND, HND and PGD programmes for 2021 academic session has commenced
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) and Special programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The Institution offers programmes leading to the award of diplomas in Mass Communication. These programmes are also available on a part-time basis during weekends. The full-time diploma programme is of two-year duration while the part-time equivalent is three years.
- National Diploma (ND) – Mass Communication [Full Time & Part-Time]
- Higher National Diploma (HND) – Mass Communication [Full Time & Part-Time]
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) – Broadcast Journalism [Full Time & Part-Time], Print Journalism [Full Time & Part-Time], Public Relations/Advertising [Full Time & Part-Time]
- Proficiency Certificate – Photo Journalism, Communication & Writing Skills, Basic Photography, Sports Report, and Presentation.
National Diploma (ND) in Mass Communication
- Five S.S.C.E credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- Prospective candidates are expected to obtain the approved cut-off mark in the 2021 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board’s (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mass Commnication –
- National Diploma in Mass Communication from recognized institution with at least LOWER CREDIT and an evidence of one year Post-ND industrial attachment experience. Please note that the candidate must have been admitted into the National Diploma programme through the UTME in the first place.
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Print, Broadcast and Public Relations and Advertising
Requirements: A good HND or University Degree in any discipline frown a recognized institution. Evidence of participation or exemption from the National Youth Service programme is compulsory.
1. National Diploma (ND)
The programme is of four semesters (Two Academic Sessions) duration for Full Time students and Six Semester (Three Academic Sessions) for Part Time students.
2. Higher National Diploma (HND)
The programme is Four-Semester (Two Academic Sessions) for Full Time students and Six Semesters (Three Academic Sessions) for Part Time students.
3. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
The programme is of Two semester (One Academic Session) duration for Full Time and Three semester for Part Time students.
At the end of each semester and session, National Diploma and Higher National Diploma students are sent on 4-6 weeks Internship with Media organisations for practical experience prior to their graduation. At the completion of their programmes, National Diploma students go on one year compulsory Industrial Attachment (Internship) while Post- Graduate students are sent on a 6-week Internship programme at the completion of their course work.
Deferment of Admission
All candidates already offered admission may apply for deferment of admission for that session through the head of relevant department to the Registrar within six weeks of date of admission. The application must be supported with genuine reasons as well as documentary evidence where necessary.
How to Apply NIJ Admission Form
i. Visit www.nij.edu.ng
ii. Check portal
iii. Click the link “Admission”
Iv. Fill the online form and pay the required fee for the application. The date of the examination for ND (part-time), HND and PGD shall be communicated to Applicants