WAEC has suspended the commencement of 2021 WAEC GCE registration (2nd series). A new date will be announced soon.
The 2021 WAEC GCE registration Form is out. The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has announced the commencement of the 2021 WAEC GCE registration (2nd series). Candidates interested in applying for the 2021 WAEC GCE registration are to check the application cost, deadline and how to purchase the form and register online. See details below;
Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2021 – 2nd Series are hereby informed that the registration has commenced July 26th, 2021
Candidates should also note that the 2021 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
Read: WAEC To Cancel Results Of Candidates Caught With Phones During Exams
WAEC GCE Registration Period.
The normal registration period is from July 26th, 2021 to September 30th, 2021.
How to Apply for the 2021 WAEC GCE
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
-Access Bank Plc
-Fidelity Bank Plc
-First Bank of Nig
-First City Monument Bank Plc
-Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
-Heritage Bank Plc
-Polaris Bank Ltd
–Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
-Standard Chartered Bank Plc
-Sterling Bank Plc
-Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
-United Bank for Africa Plc
-Unity Bank Plc
–WEMA Bank Plc
-Zenith Bank Plc
In addition, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents. After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “ Walk-in-Candidates” provided they register not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper (s) they intend to write. The “ Walk-in-Candidates ” fee is Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25.000.00) only.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must dearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
COMPLETION OF 2021 WAEC GCE REGISTRATION
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
1. Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
2. Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
3. Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
4. Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
5. Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website ( waeconline.org.ng ) using the Registration PIN.
6. Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
7. The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be
8. Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
9. Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
10. Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
11. Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
12. Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results
cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
13. Candidates must ensure they provide valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
14. All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations .